Anyone install a ReadyLIFT SST 3.5 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Riley Kotylak
  • 1 Post By Riley Kotylak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Anyone install a ReadyLIFT SST 3.5

I know the leveling kit topic has been covered a 1000 times but here we go. Couldn't find any info through search about the SST 3.5 on Canyon or Colorado. I was considering this one because I like that it comes with everything like aarms, sway bar drop, diff drop etc. My only reservation was that it claims to lift 3.5 front and only 1 inch rear. I want closer to 1.5 or 2 rear, is there any way to achieve this.. zr2 shackles? Using the supplied block and a add a leaf? 1.5 or 2 inch block? I've heard the brake lines are short so is this even possible.

Some info, the truck is used off road. I drive around rough construction sites and half the time I'm hitting the air dam on stuff. Feel like 3.5 inches more clearance would be great

Also I usually carry around about ~500lbs of gear and my leafs are usually sitting in the overloads, another reason I'm worried about only 1 inch rear lift (do not want cali lean)

Another option is just going with a 2inch level up front but this kit I thought might be better for wear and keeping everything lined up. How has steering / suspension been holding up with these leveling kits?

2015 Canyon
265/65-17 Nitro terra grapplers (Want to run theses with level)
63000km

Last edited by Riley Kotylak; 06-11-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:37 PM

My ZR2's the extra lift is not done by the shackels, they only clear the frame by an inch

I looked and no threads on this lift

ReadyLIFT® now offers a 3.5" SST lift kit for the 2015-2019 Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon 2WD/4WD trucks! The 69-3535 SST Lift Kit provides a great lift solution to achieve a mild yet aggressive lifted stance while still maintaining important factory ride and handling. (This kit is not compatible with ZR2 edition.)
This new lift kit provides 3.5" of front lift and 1" of rear lift for a nice level but lifted stance. This kit can easily allow for up to a 285/70-17 tire as shown here with XD Series Wheels Addict II 17x9 +18 offset wheels.

This all-new no-cut kit includes new tubular steel upper control arms with adjusted ball joint pivot angles and establishes a true 3.5 inches of lift without compromising suspension or drive train geometry. Front lift includes our proprietary top hat replacement technology along with differential drop brackets, sway bar drop brackets and OE style 1” tall cast iron rear lift blocks.

Features & Benefits

• Made in USA.

• The perfect mild lift solution for Gen 2 Colorado/Canyon’s that provides a great looking aggressive stance with a slight rake.

• Includes CNC-machined aircraft-grade billet Aluminum front top hat replacement lift spacers and heavy-duty OEM style cast iron rear blocks.

• Includes tubular steel upper control arms with adjusted ball joint pivot angles housing a heavy-duty ball joint.

• Allows for up to a 32.5x11.50" tire on up to +18 offset wheels. (285/70-17)

• Maintains the factory ride, handling and suspension geometry.

• Unmatched curb-appeal and rugged mid-size truck capability delivered in an affordable yet innovative Smart Suspension Technology "no-cut" lift kit.

2017 Deep Woods Green ZR2 CC
Truxedo Titanium cover
Go Rhino RB20 running boards
RC level
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:40 PM

https://www.readylift.com/3-5-sst-li...2015-2019.html

probably the most well built kit I have seen

Truxedo Titanium cover
RC level
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Thread moved to the suspension section of the forum

Please post in the proper sub sections of the forum

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

I agree it looks well built. Readylift is supposed to be pretty good. Was wondering if anyone tried it out and how the stance was or what options there are for getting a bit more rear lift. Someone must have installed it. I'll wait to see what comes up here.

Last edited by Riley Kotylak; 06-11-2019 at 01:20 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDAP View Post
Thread moved to the suspension section of the forum

Please post in the proper sub sections of the forum
Thanks Greg
GregDAP likes this.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:04 PM

I’m curious as even my eibach kit puts my geometry at the limits of what I feel is comfortable.

How does this kit work around that. I see it has the sway bar relocate, Uca and diff drop. All of which I have. I can’t imagine adding .75 inch In height. How does this kits diff drop differ from peak suspension? Am I missing something that it does with the front geometry. I would love to get 3.5 inch.

2016 GMC Canyon
4x4
2.8 Duramax
Eibach set at 2.7 with maxtrac 2” blocks in rear
Icon UCA with Delta Joint
Leer top
275/65/18s on 18x8.5 0 offset XD grenade OR

Last edited by awesomeman; 06-12-2019 at 07:30 AM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeman View Post
I’m curious as even my eibach kit puts my geometry at the limits of what I feel is comfortable.

How does this kit work around that. I see it has the sway bar relocate, Uca and diff drop. All of which I have. I can’t imagine adding .75 inch In height. How does this kits diff drop differ from peak suspension? Am I missing something that it does with the front geometry. I would love to get 3.5 inch.
I can't comment on how it differs. Maybe longer diff drop, sway bar, and UCAS? Designed for 3.5 inches. Where are your UCAs from? Also what are you running in the rear as that is what I'm worried about as my wheel wells currently sit 35 front and 36 back, and I don't want the front wheel wells sitting higher after (regardless if the frame is level). I saw some dude said he put a 4 inch kit in with stock brake lines in the back but everyone seems to say I'll need different ones for over 1 inch.. but it looks like there is a fair bit looped up back there.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Stock brake lines.. where do you guys run into trouble with them being too short
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15603560997876529782588805400652_1560356116738.jpg (100.5 KB, 29 views)
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 PM

I can't comment on how it differs. Maybe longer diff drop, sway bar, and UCAS? Designed for 3.5 inches. Where are your UCAs from? Also what are you running in the rear as that is what I'm worried about as my wheel wells currently sit 35 front and 36 back, and I don't want the front wheel wells sitting higher after (regardless if the frame is level). I saw some dude said he put a 4 inch kit in with stock brake lines in the back but everyone seems to say I'll need different ones for over 1 inch.. but it looks like there is a fair bit looped up back there.[/QUOTE]

I’m running icon uca. Which is really so the uca doesn’t hit the coil. I’m running 2 inch blocks in the rear with the eibach shocks. Eibach says they work fine with 2 inch blocks from maxxtrac. I haven’t had any issues.
Can anyone else share how this kit is solving these geometry issues

2016 GMC Canyon
4x4
2.8 Duramax
Leer top
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:28 AM

Garage
I'm having this kit put on my 2019 CCSB Z71 today. I'll take some measurements and post some pics when I get it back later tonight. I hear ya on that rear lift measurement. Sounds like it may not be enough but we will see. FWIW, I decided on this kit because I wasn't happy with the standard Ready Lift Level Kit they installed a few months ago which had the "saggy rear" look going on.

2019 Shadow Gray Metallic Z71 CCSB w/ Bose & Upgraded Tow Pkg, 2"Leveling Kit
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:36 PM

Looks like a good kit, but it's not that much different than 2" level with a 1" rear block. My guess it would look better with a 2" rear block.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:35 PM

my biggest concern would be the CV angles? Please take some pics of the cv's when its done

2016 GMC Canyon
4x4
2.8 Duramax
Leer top
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolando View Post
Looks like a good kit, but it's not that much different than 2" level with a 1" rear block. My guess it would look better with a 2" rear block.

does you 2 inch level incorporate a dif drop, longer/stronger UCA's, adjustable ball joint pivots and sway bar drop brackets?

if so, what brand is it?

Truxedo Titanium cover
RC level
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter62 View Post
does you 2 inch level incorporate a dif drop, longer/stronger UCA's, adjustable ball joint pivots and sway bar drop brackets?

if so, what brand is it?
Theres a few brands selling diff drops, sway bar spacer, end links etc. Until now you had to source it on your own.
Peak performance is a vendor here and sells diff drop

2016 GMC Canyon
4x4
2.8 Duramax
Leer top
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 03:47 PM

RazorbackFan, extremely interested in your review on this kit. I do not want to sacrifice factory ride/handling whatsoever. Thanks
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 02:49 AM

I have been planning to install this kit for the past few weeks and have been searching for more info. So far the only post i have found is in the giant "What did you do to your Colorado today?" thread.

Post #13191 here: https://www.coloradofans.com/forums/...today-660.html

To me it looks like the rear is sitting a little low with only 1" but could also be because he has the bed loaded with the old tires. Looking forward to seeing some more photos of this lift as 3.5" sounds like the ideal height for these trucks, just might need more in the rear.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:10 AM

My rear was below the front with the eibach 2.7 kit and 1 inch in the rear. Maybe it was my topper that sagged the rear a bit. But regardless i would go 2 inch in the rear with 3.5 up front. Maxxtrac has cheap 2 inch blocks for our trucks.

2016 GMC Canyon
4x4
2.8 Duramax
Leer top
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:48 AM

Garage
Got the truck back last night. Here's some quick measurements and pictures. New Wheels & Tires go on next week. Driving it home in city traffic if seemed more firm, less "wobbly up top". No other noticable differences yet but I've only driven it 4 miles. If you want any specific pics that I didn't get, let me know. I'll post new ones next week.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2019 Shadow Gray Metallic Z71 CCSB w/ Bose & Upgraded Tow Pkg, 2"Leveling Kit
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorackFan78 View Post
Got the truck back last night. Here's some quick measurements and pictures. New Wheels & Tires go on next week. Driving it home in city traffic if seemed more firm, less "wobbly up top". No other noticable differences yet but I've only driven it 4 miles. If you want any specific pics that I didn't get, let me know. I'll post new ones next week.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using

Tapatalk
Looks good! Looks level but that rear wheel well measures a little lower. I think I'm going to go with this kit and a 2inch block in the back.
RazorackFan78 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode