Looking for pictures of stock Colorado with 2" Spacers - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris Patterson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Looking for pictures of stock Colorado with 2" Spacers

Hey everyone,

I have been searching around the forums, but a lot of the threads with this info seem disjointed or pictures no longer available. I saw one Colorado on Youtube.

I am looking for some pictures and some feedback on someone who has had 2" spacers on for a year or more.

I have a 2019 Chevy Colorado and like the pushed out wheel look. I am looking at the Bora 2" spacers, but am not sure if they fit a 2019 (I would assume they do).

Has anyone any feedback on how they have handled (any sagging or damaged bearings)?

Can anyone recommend this or another alternative?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:57 PM

I do not have pictures, several have posted pictures lately with 2 inch spacers

Stock wheel is +33mm, some of the guys are going with 0 off set wheels, 2 inches will get you -50mm difference from stock.
Depending n your wheels, if stock you coulld go to 1.5 inch off-set and be -38mm,

2017 Deep Woods Green ZR2 CC
Truxedo Titanium cover
Go Rhino RB20 running boards
RC level
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:07 AM

Garage
Here is my 2016 z71 with 2" bora spacers and a 2" rough country leveling kit. The tires are 265 70 r 17's. Sorry, I cant seem to find any other angles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m1.jpg (405.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg medium1.jpg (323.0 KB, 33 views)
Brutal-Force likes this.

CP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Chris.

Can you say if you have experienced any excessive wear to your bearings?

Also, what parts did you have to trim up? Was there any rubbing, if so was it excessive? Did you have an alignment done after installing them?

I am trying to make sure that all of the claims of wheel spacers are true before I drop the money on them.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:22 AM

Garage
I have had the spacers and level for just over a year, and have had absolutely no issues. I have had two different alignments done since installing them and was told it was very easy to get dialed in. The truck also had no problem passing inspection with either of the items installed. Make sure you install the spacers properly (right torque and tightening pattern and make sure everything is clean). I installed them very carefully, and still had a slight vibration in the steering wheel that wasn't noticeable until the truck reached about 65 mph. I figured it must have been coming from the front spacers, so I took the wheels back off and re installed the spacers. I didn't do anything differently the second time, but this seemed to solve the problem, as it now drives smooth at any speed and I have not noticed any unusual ware on my tires that are now about 8 months old. I live on a dirt road and encounter some pretty violent potholes on a daily basses, and everything still seems tight and solid. Good luck!
Brutal-Force likes this.

CP
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:38 AM

Garage
Sorry, I just saw your post after I posted my second reply. I haven't noticed any ware or play in the bearings (I just had the truck in the air a couple weeks ago and checked then). I didn't do an alignment after installing the spacers. The two alignments I did, were done after I installed the leveling kit, and after I got new larger tires. I didn't have any rubbing when I had the level and spacers installed with the stock z71 tires, but when I put the larger tires on, it rubbed pretty bad. I had the place that installed the new tires remove the spacers so I could get it home, without rubbing, and then I did a bunch of trimming in my driveway before putting the spacers back on. I trimmed about an inch off of the plastic "waffle" thing in front of the front tires. That part was easy and low consequence. no one will ever see it unless they are working on the truck. I also had to trim the pinch weld behind the front tires. I used an angle grinder with a cutting wheel. I work as a welder, and use angle grinders every day, but it was still a little nerve wracking taking it to my new truck! Again, no one will really ever see it, but its just the principle of it, I guess that freaked me out. It was all very easy to do and I now have no rubbing, but it does take some trial and error to get everything all good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg medium 5.jpg (255.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg medium 4.jpg (268.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg medium6.jpg (225.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg medium 3.jpg (234.3 KB, 20 views)
Brutal-Force likes this.

CP
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the informative post.

I see you said, "I didn't have any rubbing when I had the level and spacers installed with the stock z71 tires, but when I put the larger tires on, it rubbed pretty bad."

What about stock before you put the level put on. Should I consider a 2" leveling kit in addition to the spacers?

I think ultimately I am going to want to do a 6" lift, I am just trying to determine the right order, so I don't spend money on parts I won't use later.

Thanks,
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:31 AM

Garage
I put the spacers on before the level, with the stock 255 65 r17 tires, and there wasn't any rubbing. I'm not sure, but I would guess that you can't run much larger tires than that, with the 2" wheel spacers, without rubbing. If you are gonna go with a 6" lift, I would hold off on a leveling kit in the mean time, and just put the $ towards the 6" lift. Then once you have the 6" lift get the right size tires for the lift. If $ isn't the issue, you could get the level and some 265 70 17's in the mean time, but your probably looking at roughly $1500 for the leveling kit install, new tires mounted, balanced and aligned, that you would just be replacing in the future. Not to mention, you would then need to trim the wheel wells. I would love to do a six inch lift on my truck, but the cheap level was as much as I could justify financially. I bet a 6" lift with 2" spacers would look bad ass!
Brutal-Force likes this.

CP
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Chris,

Exactly the information I needed.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

I just ordered my 2" spacers. Time to get started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode