Gmc warranty for nail in tire? Repair etc - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Gmc warranty for nail in tire? Repair etc

Does he original 2016 factory warranty a tire repair. Like a nail in tire? Could you take into dealer for that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemiki View Post
Does he original 2016 factory warranty a tire repair. Like a nail in tire? Could you take into dealer for that?
Nope. Unless you spotted in in the tire on the dealer's lot before you took delivery.

jack <><
2017 Colorado Z71 4X2 CC/SB
V-6, 8 speed
Summit White
Reverendbiker.com
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 09:53 PM

Garage
No road hazard or tread life warranty, but the original tires are warrantied against defects.
yorkiemiki likes this.

2015 Colorado Z71 | Black | CC | SB | 2wd | 3.6 | Bose | Nav | Tow | Factory Spray On Bedliner | LED Bed Lighting | 30" Rigid LED Lightbar | G4 Fold-a-Cover & Caddy | Dash Cam/Rear Cam | Ready Lift 2" Front with Sway Bar Blocks | Auto Spring Add A Leaf | BFG KO2 265/70 17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 01:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverendbiker View Post
Nope. Unless you spotted in in the tire on the dealer's lot before you took delivery.
It's a $20 repair at a tire shop. Why waste the time going to the dealer for that....... even if it was free?

(I took my truck in for an oil change and the Android Auto update and it took them ALL DAY! Free is NOT free when you have to give up your truck for the whole day. The only thing that impressed me was that they refilled my DEF at no cost when they did the oil change)
Toughsox and sgiven like this.

16 Colorado LT CC LB Duramax - Brownstone, Bose, Luxury Pkg, Safety Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Trailering Pkg/Locking rear diff, Wheel flares, BORA 1.5" wheel spacers, Iron Cross Patriot Running Boards, Line-X. Planned mods: Zone 1.25" level. SOLD: '15 Colorado LT V6. Threw kitty litter on that turd....... and dumped it!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 02:00 AM
CFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemiki View Post

Roadsde assistance warranty says they will change or repair a flat tire.

2016 Canyon Ext Cab SLE
Red Rock
3.6L
Tow package / Locking rear
Single zone /slider
Bed Rug
Lear XL cap
Lear Ultimate tail gate seal
Weather Teck liners and splash guards.
Production date 10/15

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/422235.png
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 10:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Z15_34396 Send a message via MSN to Z15_34396
FLAT TIRE CHANGE

Flat tire? If you can supply an inflated spare in good condition, Roadside Assistance will send someone to change it for you.

They will not repair the tire for free.

Mike

2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 6.2L/420HP
Protected by AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants

Last edited by Z15_34396; 05-22-2016 at 10:17 AM.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 10:19 AM

Discount tire usually will repair it for free.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 11:04 AM

As a general rule, the warranty only covers any deficiencies that are directly related to their workmanship or parts they used. Or in other words, the manufacturer could have prevented the deficiency.

There is no way a manufacturer can prevent a tire from being punctured by road debri. So generally that type of repair is not covered.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman417 View Post
As a general rule, the warranty only covers any deficiencies that are directly related to their workmanship or parts they used. Or in other words, the manufacturer could have prevented the deficiency.

There is no way a manufacturer can prevent a tire from being punctured by road debri. So generally that type of repair is not covered.
In a different vehicle.... Roadside assistance covered a tire puncture. The puncture was not repairable. They replaced the tire at a pro-rated amount. The tire was about 2 years old - and they gave me what the tire was worth being 2 years old.

So yes...it can be covered under roadside. I'm just not familiar with GM's *fine print*

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 03:07 PM
PAR

Garage
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 03:15 PM

i had my truck for two weeks and got a nail in the tire. $29.95 at local tire chain.Yeah I was mad haha.

Last edited by karld; 05-22-2016 at 03:16 PM. Reason: pic
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 03:54 PM

In SoCal you can purchase a tire maintinence contract at Allen tire,about 80 bucks.Includes rotation, road hazard(they patch and plug a hole)balancing whenever you request it,and evacuation and nitro fills for the life of the tires.The best part is the wait is never more than 15-30 minutes if there is a wait at all.Your new tires have no road hazard ,you fix your own flats,they will not balance your tires or rotate without you paying for it.I'll be buying the contract next week,and these guys are good tire men,no shop monkeys.
yorkiemiki likes this.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 11:12 AM

First time I had my truck in for service the service sign-off person noticed a screw in one of my tires. They said it was too close to the sidewall to repair, that I needed a new tire at $200+! I said I'd keep an eye on it and consider my options, drove to my local tire place and they fixed it in about 10 minutes for under $20...just like Doctors, sometimes it pays to get a 2nd opinion...
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 12:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Z15_34396 Send a message via MSN to Z15_34396
Be wary of getting pro-ratted replacements. That pro-rate is figured on the MSRP. In other words you could pay more for the tire pro-rated then you could buy the very same tire new at a discount tire dealer.
CaryBosse likes this.

Mike

2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 6.2L/420HP
Protected by AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
In a different vehicle.... Roadside assistance covered a tire puncture. The puncture was not repairable. They replaced the tire at a pro-rated amount. The tire was about 2 years old - and they gave me what the tire was worth being 2 years old.

So yes...it can be covered under roadside. I'm just not familiar with GM's *fine print*
I stand corrected. I guess I should get more familiar with the manufacturer's roadside assistance. I usually just disregard it since I've always had Auto Club.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman417 View Post
I stand corrected. I guess I should get more familiar with the manufacturer's roadside assistance. I usually just disregard it since I've always had Auto Club.
You gotta look at the warranty details. I honestly don't know if GMC covers a tire under roadside or not..... (I haven't looked). Or perhaps It's covered under the 'tire' warranty which would be separate from GMC's roadside assistance.

I don't know...I just know what I've experienced in the past which doesn't mean squat these days. Things change so much - makes my head hurt!! LOL

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 08:45 PM

So three business days have lapsed since "The Great Nail Debate" of 2016.
So what's the verdict OP? What did the dealership do for you -send you away? Fixed it for a fee? Covered it as warranty?
k7tnt, soonerken69 and NinerBikes like this.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Canyon View Post
So three business days have lapsed since "The Great Nail Debate" of 2016.
So what's the verdict OP? What did the dealership do for you -send you away? Fixed it for a fee? Covered it as warranty?
Not trying to be a smart-Alec but I'm curious... Do you get paid to moderate the forums? Because if you don't - dude, you need to find another hobby. It's almost like you're sitting at your computer 24 hours a day monitoring things that really don't need to be monitored. Let it go!! Go outside and have a beer, listen to the birds, be glad you're alive... Just saying!! :)

And no offense of course.
yorkiemiki and TrailBossBlue like this.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 05:59 PM

Had a near 30 mile dirt bike ride this morning. Good stuff.

And, what's the problem with asking for an update on the repair. The post was written on a weekend. After several business days, OP should have been denied or have the tire repair made for free.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 06:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Not trying to be a smart-Alec but I'm curious... Do you get paid to moderate the forums? Because if you don't - dude, you need to find another hobby. It's almost like you're sitting at your computer 24 hours a day monitoring things that really don't need to be monitored. Let it go!! Go outside and have a beer, listen to the birds, be glad you're alive... Just saying!!
A very unhealthy obsession , indeed. There should be "FAA" The 12-Step Recovery Program of Forum Addicts to help good people like @08Canyon
yorkiemiki and Janster like this.

16 Colorado LT CC LB Duramax - Brownstone, Bose, Luxury Pkg, Safety Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Trailering Pkg/Locking rear diff, Wheel flares, BORA 1.5" wheel spacers, Iron Cross Patriot Running Boards, Line-X. Planned mods: Zone 1.25" level. SOLD: '15 Colorado LT V6. Threw kitty litter on that turd....... and dumped it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in