Lift Kit & Voided Warranty - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr2bayarea View Post
I just went in today for service and the service guy said my FrontRunner roof rack voids my warranty, yet I was in for squeaky brake/wheel sounds. Uhhhhhhhh ok.. Needless to say I left pretty quick and will never go back to that Chevy dealership in Fairfield CA
Good lord please say you didn't go to Fairfield Chevy! They are absolutely horrible. They have an F rating with the BBB. We filed a complaint after they lied about the sale price until I was in the dealership after driving 2hrs. Then played salesman games and held my truck keys hostage. The sales manager was about to feel my fist in his face if he said "you're a smart guy" to me one more time. F that place.

2018 Canyon SLE CCSB 3.6L - Eibach 2.7" Front Lift | Icon 2.0 rear shocks | 1.5" AutoSprings add-a-leaf + 1" rear lift blocks | DV8 887 179 wheels | Falken Wildpeak A/T3W LT285/70/17 | Custom bed rack |Tepui Baja Kukenam RTT | Morimoto HID | Tyger step bars | LED bed lighting | Midland MXT115 GMRS | Nilight 60w LED 4" pods | RotopaX, Maxsa traction mats and Recovery Gear | ZR2 skids |
Build Thread

Instagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:56 PM

@F8LZ71 Yeah I purchased my truck there because they were one of the few that actually had Zr2 diesels in the area. I usually go to FH Daily but was over in the area decided to swing by. I had no clue of their track record as an organization as a whole. The guy looked at my vehicle and was like yeah that roof rack voids your warranty if you didn't get it installed by a licensed GM dealership..hahaha long story but in a nutshell I pulled my truck out of there so fast. I have filed a complaint with GM, also sent BBB a complaint, and sent the story to Jalopnik for possible visibility. This all happened yesterday and boy was I PISSED! I have been told to check out the dealership in Dublin and to ask for PAtrick there. Any other dealerships you can recommend I am all ears. FH Daily isn't bad they just aren't that good either. they have never commented on any of my mods on my truck once. F*** Fairfield Chevrolet!
F8LZ71 likes this.

Last edited by zr2bayarea; 04-18-2019 at 01:00 PM.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I just went in today for service and the service guy said my FrontRunner roof rack voids my warranty, yet I was in for squeaky brake/wheel sounds. Uhhhhhhhh ok.. Needless to say I left pretty quick and will never go back to that Chevy dealership in Fairfield CA
You can try Winter Chevrolet in Pittsburg. I bought my truck there. I had to bring it in for a warranty issue (pulley noise) before I had the steel bumpers. Just had the 33s and body lift. The service guys were friendly and complimented the mods.
zr2bayarea likes this.

2017 ZR2 3.6L, 33s on Chase Black Rhino wheels, 1.5 BL, diesel springs, GM cai, Mallet full exhaust, Relentless Fab bumpers & rack, Nitro 4.56 gears, Trifecta tuned.
https://www.instagram.com/ssm1tty/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
@F8LZ71 Yeah I purchased my truck there because they were one of the few that actually had Zr2 diesels in the area. I usually go to FH Daily but was over in the area decided to swing by. I had no clue of their track record as an organization as a whole. The guy looked at my vehicle and was like yeah that roof rack voids your warranty if you didn't get it installed by a licensed GM dealership..hahaha long story but in a nutshell I pulled my truck out of there so fast. I have filed a complaint with GM, also sent BBB a complaint, and sent the story to Jalopnik for possible visibility. This all happened yesterday and boy was I PISSED! I have been told to check out the dealership in Dublin and to ask for PAtrick there. Any other dealerships you can recommend I am all ears. FH Daily isn't bad they just aren't that good either. they have never commented on any of my mods on my truck once. F*** Fairfield Chevrolet!
None in the Bay but Able Chevy in Rio Vista is worth a shot. My buddy Anthony is a sales guy there so I could ask him about mod friendliness. Most of the guys in our mountain bike "club" get their cars/trucks from him.

Gold Rush Chevy up in Auburn is small so service times could be slow but they always take care of my truck despite mods. They actually laughed when I told them your story about Fairfield this morning. "If the part he modded wasn't related to the broken part or the noise then it's covered". I've had excellent sales service at Thompson's GMC in Placerville and they have a large service center but I have not had to use it yet. If you ever end up that way Steven Connor, Kris and Jimmy (all sales guys) could help you get proper service if the techs give you trouble. Hands down the best and most relaxed sales experiences I have ever had. That's why I bought from them twice.
zr2bayarea likes this.

2018 Canyon SLE CCSB 3.6L - Eibach 2.7" Front Lift | Icon 2.0 rear shocks | 1.5" AutoSprings add-a-leaf + 1" rear lift blocks | DV8 887 179 wheels | Falken Wildpeak A/T3W LT285/70/17 | Custom bed rack |Tepui Baja Kukenam RTT | Morimoto HID | Tyger step bars | LED bed lighting | Midland MXT115 GMRS | Nilight 60w LED 4" pods | RotopaX, Maxsa traction mats and Recovery Gear | ZR2 skids |
Build Thread

Instagram
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LZ71 View Post
Good lord please say you didn't go to Fairfield Chevy! They are absolutely horrible. They have an F rating with the BBB. We filed a complaint after they lied about the sale price until I was in the dealership after driving 2hrs. Then played salesman games and held my truck keys hostage. The sales manager was about to feel my fist in his face if he said "you're a smart guy" to me one more time. F that place.

same as zr2bayarea, only 2018 zr2 diesel within 400 miles back in earlier feb.

knew they were full of shit before i went in. knew which truck i wanted and how much i was going to pay for it. had all my ducks in a row and a gm employee number in my back pocket. was almost fun watching them squirm once they realized their bs wasn't going to work.

literally felt dirty driving away in my new zr2. couldn't get out of there fast enough and back to coast to wash the smell off. love the truck but i ain't ever going back to fairfield chevy. ever.
F8LZ71 and zr2bayarea like this.

2018 zr2 diesel
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LZ71 View Post
None in the Bay but Able Chevy in Rio Vista is worth a shot. My buddy Anthony is a sales guy there so I could ask him about mod friendliness. Most of the guys in our mountain bike "club" get their cars/trucks from him.

Gold Rush Chevy up in Auburn is small so service times could be slow but they always take care of my truck despite mods. They actually laughed when I told them your story about Fairfield this morning. "If the part he modded wasn't related to the broken part or the noise then it's covered". I've had excellent sales service at Thompson's GMC in Placerville and they have a large service center but I have not had to use it yet. If you ever end up that way Steven Connor, Kris and Jimmy (all sales guys) could help you get proper service if the techs give you trouble. Hands down the best and most relaxed sales experiences I have ever had. That's why I bought from them twice.
Shoot I may pay them a visit. I thought the squealing went away but heard it again today driving on side roads. Yeah if I went in for a leaky roof and the holes I drilled were causing the leak, I get it.. Also if my CV axles were blown because of my front leveling springs, common sense they would tell me to kick rocks. Thanks so much for the heads up on the different locations. I've now heard from numerous people to avoid Fairfield Chevrolet. Lesson learned I guess.
F8LZ71 likes this.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.r.flavors View Post
same as zr2bayarea, only 2018 zr2 diesel within 400 miles back in earlier feb.

knew they were full of shit before i went in. knew which truck i wanted and how much i was going to pay for it. had all my ducks in a row and a gm employee number in my back pocket. was almost fun watching them squirm once they realized their bs wasn't going to work.

literally felt dirty driving away in my new zr2. couldn't get out of there fast enough and back to coast to wash the smell off. love the truck but i ain't ever going back to fairfield chevy. ever.
Yeah they were full on slime buckets. I stood my ground and still got a decent deal.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 01:52 PM

Went to Dublin Chevrolet today and I had zero issues. Amazing service and extremely professional.
F8LZ71 likes this.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:16 PM

Got a call from GM corporate today after I had filed a complaint about Fairfield Chevrolet. They told me they have received many complaints on this dealership and specifically the guy I was dealing with. GM asked me a lot of questions regarding the incident and what happened. For those who think contacting GM corp is a waste of time I beg to differ. Its always worth a shot to have your voice be heard and provide them feedback so that this kind of stuff stops happening at all the shady dealerships out there.
F8LZ71 likes this.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Got a call from GM corporate today after I had filed a complaint about Fairfield Chevrolet. They told me they have received many complaints on this dealership and specifically the guy I was dealing with. GM asked me a lot of questions regarding the incident and what happened. For those who think contacting GM corp is a waste of time I beg to differ. Its always worth a shot to have your voice be heard and provide them feedback so that this kind of stuff stops happening at all the shady dealerships out there.
That's awesome! I don't know if my wife ever got a call from GM or not but if she did I am sure she would have blasted the sales manager, Armando. He's as sleazy as they come.

Build Thread

Instagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode