Swapping out seats for lumbar support - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Swapping out seats for lumbar support

If you have an LT or SLE trim vehicle without electronic lumbar support, do you need to reprogram the computer to add a junkyard z71 or slt find's seat? I know you will need power, but an upholstery shop mentioned there might be computer programming involved with the lumbar's electronics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (20.4 KB, 34 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:02 PM

Garage
Pretty sure that the lumbar function will be controlled thru the BCM and probably need programming. May want to ask dealer service to see if it is possible, before you buy the seats. The LT or SLE harness may not have the extra wires for that.

2016 White Colorado LT Ext. Cab. 3.6L V6 6 Spd. Automatic 2WD

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air 283 V8 3 Spd. Manual

2002 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7L V8 6 Spd. Manual

See my album for pics

Last edited by 16WhiteColly; 04-23-2019 at 04:05 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 12:47 PM

i own a SLT leather interior canyon with the pump up lumbar support in the seat and im gonna tell you dont waste your money the seat is horrible also. i can possibly make it for around a 3hr trip and by them my back is hurting really bad anything more than that and i will option for a second driver or not taking my vehicle at all.. iv seen alot of post from people looking for optional seats that we can transfer into the truck but i dont think anyone has actually done it yet. i would tell you to keep looking if i was you i think i also saw that someone was really wanting to try the equonix seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WP CANYON View Post
i own a SLT leather interior canyon with the pump up lumbar support in the seat and im gonna tell you dont waste your money the seat is horrible also.
I actually like the stock seats on the 2019 LTs. I've yet to sit in them so long that I've been uncomfortable, and that includes my trailer towing test where I probably went about 4 hours (ignoring a gas stop).

For my wife I bought this and use the upper part. She likes it, and she is not easy to please about such things.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode