Hidden Incentives - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bufffan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Hidden Incentives

Wondering if anyone aware of any incentive programs other than the Costco, veteran, education discounts GMC offers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:29 PM

Garage
If your work for somewhere the makes/supplies or transports parts for GM you can get a vendor discount.

2017 Chevy Colorado LT CCSB 2.5L 4cyl, Lazer blue with Bose, navigation, kicker vss, IBoard running boards, Z71 wheels, fog lamps, Drl relocation harness, led fog lights, high and low beam headlights, switchbacks.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:22 AM

If you’re a first responder, GM offers discount pricing.

https://www.gmfirstresponderdiscount.com/

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends." - REK
"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." - PG
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - MT
"All bleeding stops eventually." - ZR2 EMT
"Stay safe! Everyone goes home." - UNK

2017 Red Hot ZR2 V6 CC SWB - TPW 5/15/2017 - Event Code 6000 - 6/6/2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:25 AM

Garage
Ask about a "competitive take away" discount. If you own a vehicle from one of GM's identified competitors - Ford, Toyota, etc. - there was like a $1-2K discount for my '18 IIRC. It doesn't have to be a truck, and you don't have to be selling it. (I own a RAV4 and they just wanted proof I owned one, so they made a copy of the registration.) Not sure it was timing sensitive, like near end of model year, or regional, but they offered it up in addition to my Supplier discount.

More than one dealer told me supplier is the best discount available, outside of the GM Employee pricing.
N1CKV likes this.

2018 Colorado LT, Jet Black Crew Cab Short Box, V6, tow pkg, NAV, Rhino bed liner, Husky Floor liners, HomeLink mirror
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:16 PM

Garage
Incentives change month to month, so it's sort of a moving target, and they also can change from region to region. They're really zip code specific.

This month you have a standalone percent off offer and no conquest rebate, but there is a loyalty rebate for owning a 2005 or newer GM vehicle.

You could also qualify for a competitive lease rebate, lease loyalty rebate, and bonus cash depending on your region. There is extra money available for financing with GM Financial.

-Eric

I manage one of the largest Chevrolet dealerships in the country. If you're having problems with a dealer or have a question about something, I'd be happy to help.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:52 PM

Garage
As someone else stated, I also got 2k off for showing proof that I owned a non-GM vehicle. The dealer at the time has a specific list of vehicle brands that worked with discount. It was called the Nameplate discount.

-2018 Colorado LT 4x4 Redline edition-
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerTman View Post
As someone else stated, I also got 2k off for showing proof that I owned a non-GM vehicle. The dealer at the time has a specific list of vehicle brands that worked with discount. It was called the Nameplate discount.
That rebate isn't available now. Rebates change every month.

-Eric

I manage one of the largest Chevrolet dealerships in the country. If you're having problems with a dealer or have a question about something, I'd be happy to help.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smit View Post
Incentives change month to month, so it's sort of a moving target, and they also can change from region to region. They're really zip code specific.

This month you have a standalone percent off offer and no conquest rebate, but there is a loyalty rebate for owning a 2005 or newer GM vehicle.

You could also qualify for a competitive lease rebate, lease loyalty rebate, and bonus cash depending on your region. There is extra money available for financing with GM Financial.
that loyalty rebate sounds like a good deal.

I have a 2006 3/4 ton duramax 4x4 and I'm trying to decide whether I want to private sell it or trade it in.

Eric- any tips on how to figure out a ballpark of what a dealer would give me on a trade-in? Is it as simple as looking on KBB or one of those websites?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 230Ag View Post
that loyalty rebate sounds like a good deal.

I have a 2006 3/4 ton duramax 4x4 and I'm trying to decide whether I want to private sell it or trade it in.

Eric- any tips on how to figure out a ballpark of what a dealer would give me on a trade-in? Is it as simple as looking on KBB or one of those websites?

You can use KBB but make sure to use the trade in instant cash offer tool. That will be most in line with what a dealer would give you. With a truck like that you’ll definitely make more money selling it private party, but make sure you sell it after you purchase if you’re looking to take advantage of this month’s loyalty rebate.

-Eric

-Eric

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smit View Post
You can use KBB but make sure to use the trade in instant cash offer tool. That will be most in line with what a dealer would give you. With a truck like that you’ll definitely make more money selling it private party, but make sure you sell it after you purchase if you’re looking to take advantage of this month’s loyalty rebate.

-Eric
thanks for the quick response. and glad to hear I can still get the loyalty rebate without having to trade it in. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a ZR2, but just haven't done it yet. still searing inventories of the dealers around me.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 230Ag View Post
thanks for the quick response. and glad to hear I can still get the loyalty rebate without having to trade it in. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a ZR2, but just haven't done it yet. still searing inventories of the dealers around me.
If you want, fire me your zip code and the specs you want and I can find the closest one to you.

-Eric

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode