• 1 Post By 404 Not Found
  • 1 Post By Eric Smit
  • 1 Post By 13bTowrig
  • 1 Post By PieceKeepr
  • 1 Post By Tucson Bill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

New order wait times

What are current wait times on new orders ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbox1 View Post
What are current wait times on new orders ?
For some reason, I STILL have my order history in my signature below. That is typical of wait times so have a look there.
Toughsox likes this.

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built and shipped 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 03:46 PM

Garage
We usually quote people 6-10 weeks but have seen as fast as 3 weeks recently.
16WhiteColly likes this.

-Eric

I manage one of the largest Chevrolet dealerships in the country. If you're having problems with a dealer or have a question about something, I'd be happy to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:31 AM

Garage
it truly depends on your dealer, as to whether they have an available allotment. I have ordered 5 cars/trucks over the last 9 years and typical has been 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery. just depends on the factory and how its going "load wise" as just picked up my Colorado. and from the time I placed the order to the day I picked it up at the dealer was 32 days.....and it sat a WEEK at the railyard waiting for the transport company to pick it up and bring it to the dealer!

2019 LT, Leather Interior ,Nav, Premium Sound System, 17" Wheels, Rhino Lined bed, Ceramic coated, clear bra.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:31 PM

Does anybody know when the order window might close for the 2019's?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir nuke View Post
it truly depends on your dealer, as to whether they have an available allotment. I have ordered 5 cars/trucks over the last 9 years and typical has been 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery. just depends on the factory and how its going "load wise" as just picked up my Colorado. and from the time I placed the order to the day I picked it up at the dealer was 32 days.....and it sat a WEEK at the railyard waiting for the transport company to pick it up and bring it to the dealer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by taze View Post
Does anybody know when the order window might close for the 2019's?
I recently had a truck ordered. Three weeks ago and now the truck is to be started for build come June 3rd. Was hoping it would be a bit sooner but hey I’m getting the truck I wanted... I wish I could get the truck at 32 days.
taze likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:50 AM

It depends somewhat on how the dealer codes the order as well. If they enter it as a pre-sold customer vehicle instead of a dealer lot vehicle it gets bumped up toward the front of the line.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
taze likes this.

'19 ZR2 Bison
3.6L V6 / Crew Cab
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 07:24 PM

Garage
So now I'm confused. My dealer's sales rep sent me an email with an order number last Tuesday along with the statement that "it hits the production line next week." That would be the week of May 5, vs June 3 for someone who ordered before me. (I signed my deal on April 17, but obviously I don't know when the order was actually submitted to GM.) But what does hit the line mean really? I have no insight into the cycle time through the production process and even less into the Shipping cycle time after it leaves the line. I wasn't going to bother anyone a GMC chat since I didn't know if I would understand the meaning of any status they might give me.

Last edited by Tucson Bill; 05-04-2019 at 07:26 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:33 AM

Our local dealer has 4, ZR2 Bisons. 1 is a cool grey/granite, no diesels though. Have to order a diesel !!!

https://www.kenbarrettautos.com/Vehi...ve%20ZR2#close

Last edited by 2019RedZR2; 05-05-2019 at 12:40 AM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 03:44 PM

Keep in mind that ordering for 2019's is closed to my knowledge. 2020 will be opening soon, with production a few months after.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson Bill View Post
So now I'm confused. My dealer's sales rep sent me an email with an order number last Tuesday along with the statement that "it hits the production line next week." That would be the week of May 5, vs June 3 for someone who ordered before me. (I signed my deal on April 17, but obviously I don't know when the order was actually submitted to GM.) But what does hit the line mean really? I have no insight into the cycle time through the production process and even less into the Shipping cycle time after it leaves the line. I wasn't going to bother anyone a GMC chat since I didn't know if I would understand the meaning of any status they might give me.

This may or may not help. Actual production time and shipping times can vary for scores of reasons. What may be "typical" one month may not be later. Back last winter, some had info that stated their truck was shipped, but really stuck in some rail shipping yard somewhere for weeks. Best to just hunker down and ride out the storm . .

GM Order Tracking Status Codes

• 500, this is a dealer stock order code used to order common vehicles. Please contact your dealer to receive an actual active order number.
• 1100, Preliminary order accepted (This means your dealer has entered your order into their system but does not mean they have the allocation to submit the order to GM yet. Speak with your dealer to verify when they expect to be able to submit your order for production)
• 2000, Order accepted by GM (This means the order has been submitted and accepted by production. You are now on your way.)
• 2030, Order re-edited (if necessary) (This is simply an edit code showing that something on your order has been changed. It does not mean your order has been accepted to production and really does not mean anything beyond your previous status other than a change has been made.)
• 2051, Order changed thru Web (same as above)
• 2500, Order preferenced (This means that the Order has been moved to the stage that parts department is now ready to place the orders for the components that will become your car)
• 3000, Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.)
• 3100, Order available to sequence (This is more or less an inter-office memo from Parts to Production saying all parts are committed to this build, they are clear to sequence them for the build.)
• 3300, Order scheduled for production (This is the response to the 3100 status where Production is cleared to sequence and schedule the build) TPW now available.
• 3400, Order broadcast (This is when the order is actually loaded onto the production line computers and parts are being staged for the build)
• 3800, Order produced (The vehicle is completed and has rolled off the line. A Vin is now available.)
• 4000, Available to ship (Vehicle is off the line and available to ship)
• 4104, Bailment Invoice (Shipping documents generated)
• 4200, Shipped (Vehicle has been moved by a carrier to another location or destination. If in combination with a 4300 status code then this is transfer to either a vendor for upfitting or to a distribution yard for final transportation.)
• 4300, Intermediate Delivery (In combination with a 4200 this is saying that the vehicle has been transported to a vendor)
• 4B00, Bayed by the shipper (listed anytime a vehicle is sitting parked waiting for next mode of transportation.)
• 4D00, Bayed for Quality Control Inspection (Unknown Time frame)nknown Time frame)
• 4800, Rail Ramp Unload, end of the line (if) by rail. To be delivered by truck to dealer
• 5000, Delivered to the dealer
• 6000, Delivered to the customer
• 9000, Order Cancelled

2017 Cyber Gray 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB- (Z71 Tires & Wheels), Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap. Build date: 2-14-2017
14,600 Miles 5-28-2019 382 Engine Hrs.
https://www.coloradofans.com/forums/attachments/2nd-gen-appearance-body/328415d1540903157-caps-park-pic-1a-sm-edit-50-.jpg
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:27 PM

Garage
So (because I'm antsy about my new truck) I visit the dealers site often to see what he has. Lo and behold, three days ago he had my truck listed! It showed a status of in transit. Today, when I checked back it didn't show an in transit status, which leads me to believe it's at his location. I'm looking forward to a call in the next couple of days.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:24 PM

Garage
Ordered 4/17 arrived 5/23. 36 days. Of course I have no idea what that will presage for the new 2020s.
16WhiteColly likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode