Well... Parents are selling my Canyon - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac9 View Post
trading for a 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon with 44k on it
You said for your sister right? Tell your parent you saw her smoking before its too late. ahahaha

Toughsox, JBT, Opusnbill7 and 4 others like this.

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:17 PM

Apparently your parents set some ground rules, good ones in my opinion and you chose poorly. Life choices, good and bad have consequences, or should.
16WhiteColly likes this.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV10 View Post
Generally speaking, reliability isn't among the reasons people love their Jeeps.

Several common but serious problems are worth checking before they buy:

• Very carefully inspect the corners of the radiators for any sign of leakage, or any coolant smell once it's up to temp. Wrangler radiators are almost guaranteed to leak around that age.
  • On top of the engine, remove the cover and look around for signs of oil leakage, and also look around at the rear of the engine underneath. There's a big silver oil cooler dead center on top of the engine that has a nasty habit of cracking and leaking starting from 2014 and later.
  • Listen to the engine from the outside at running temp for a clear ticking noise (listen on both sides), the Pentastar 3.6L has had some history of bad cylinder heads going all the way back to 2011 or so. Supposedly resolved in 2012, but reports of the same problem in later years are commonplace.
  • Underneath in front, check the front track bar bolts (left and right ends) for ANY sign of play. They shouldn't move at all but they're made with a fully-threaded slightly-too-small bolt that tends to grind away the bushing. Aftermarket kits are available with partially-threaded correct-sized bolts that are easy to replace and eliminate the problem (often even if the bushing has already been chewed up). The track bar is outlined in the middle in the picture here.
They're fun, but here's hoping your sister is handy in the garage. :D

P.S. Sucks about the truck.
I had a '15 JKUR, put on just over 30k miles in about a year (Relocation, long road trip, commuting, playing, etc). Only problem I had was the radiator cap failed just after I pulled into the garage coming back from a day at the lake. Puked a bit of coolant on my garage floor.

Replaced the rad cap and all was well. Never had any cylinder head issues (only an issue with 2011-2012, AFAIK) and never had any oil cooler issues. The oil cooler is really the biggest problem to watch out for for that year. Steering/Suspension wear issues are a piece of cake.

Oh, and watch out for water intrusion into the front swaybar disconnect motor/housing. They have a habit of failing due to bad seals.

2017 GMC Canyon Denali CCLB 4x4, 2.8L Duramax, Red Quartz Tintcoat, BMS Catch Can, GMC floor liners, Weathertech no-drill mud flaps, ARE Z-Series shell
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 3.0 EcoDiesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:40 PM
Xwd

Your father is a good man. His house, his truck, his rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamscotticus View Post
If I caught my son vaping or smoking, I would help him smoke. All he wants. As much as he can. As many as he can fit in his mouth wrapped with tape, and handcuffed . He can have all he wants till he pukes. I'd make sure he enjoyed his big man's delicacy. I may end up in jail, but he won't end up in the iron lung.
Uh... That got weird in a hurry.
16WhiteColly likes this.

2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Duramax Extended Cab
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:38 AM

My grandfather started smoking when he was 12. By the time he was in his 50's, he was tearing off the filters or rolling them himself.

When his lungs finally failed and he had a lung transplant, his doctor kept his lungs, encased them in clear plastic and put it on his desk as a reminder to people of what smoking can do to you. There was only a small bit of pink left, the rest was black.

The lung transplant didn't help and my grandfather still died a year later. Never even made it to 60. I was 2 when he died so I have no memory of him.

Don't take up smoking. You're only on this earth once. Spend that time enjoying life to the fullest and not taking that time for granted.
Chetter'S Z likes this.
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
I had a '15 JKUR, put on just over 30k miles in about a year (Relocation, long road trip, commuting, playing, etc). Only problem I had was the radiator cap failed just after I pulled into the garage coming back from a day at the lake. Puked a bit of coolant on my garage floor.

Replaced the rad cap and all was well. Never had any cylinder head issues (only an issue with 2011-2012, AFAIK) and never had any oil cooler issues. The oil cooler is really the biggest problem to watch out for for that year. Steering/Suspension wear issues are a piece of cake.

Oh, and watch out for water intrusion into the front swaybar disconnect motor/housing. They have a habit of failing due to bad seals.
Yeah definitely seems to be "200,000 trouble-free miles" or weekly disaster stories. Supposedly the head problem was fixed late 2012 (still hitting a lot of MY 2013s) but the Cherokees using the same engine have been popping up with suspiciously similar issues well into MY 2015 so far. However, only a handful of "looks the same" issues on the Wrangler side, that I've seen. I haven't worried about that one much with a 2017, but it can't hurt to keep it in mind.

I thought my Colorado aftermarket spending was crazy, but Wranglers... ouch!

2017 Colorado LT V6 CCSB 2WD mfg date 11-16 Belltech 999SP 3/4 drop Raceline 927M Mamba HD 20x9 wheels all LED lighting inside and out DRL relocation harness LineX Lomax Tri-Fold aluminum tonneau de-badged bowtie blackout painted pinch-weld & window trim power tailgate lock Pedal Commander Katzkin leather tint Kicker amp/sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode