post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2020 Colorado Spec's - INTERESTING

Here's What's New For The 2020 Chevrolet Colorado | GM Authority
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:54 PM

Garage
Not sure it's interesting--mainly minor changes. Apparently GM feels no rush to make major changes.
White016 likes this.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:55 PM

They really didnít add anything to it.

I donít think this is the refresh we were all hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
White016 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:01 PM

Garage
Yawn! Nothing to cause any of us to trade up for.

Gusto!

Black 2018 Colorado Z71, V6, Crew Cab, 4WD, Purch Apr/2018

THE REAL MaineMan
Previously Owned Trucks:
2017 Laser Blue Metallic Colorado Z71, V6, Ext Cab, 4WD, Purch Apr/2017 Traded Apr/2018
2005 Tan Colorado, 4 cylinder, Ext Cab, 2WD, Purch Oct/2005 Traded Nov/2010
1988 Blue Chevy S10. 4 cylinder, 2WD, Purch Sep/1989 Totaled/Wrecked Feb/1992
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:06 PM

I think with the new money going to the plant and the new tax agreement they are setting things up to revamp the line and move to a all new platform skipping the refresh.

22-23 may be the time we see a all new truck.

That is OK as it keeps my present truck still up to date for another year or two. I should be due for a new one in 2027 so by then the bug will be worked out? Well you can wish.
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post

That is OK as it keeps my present truck still up to date for another year or two. I should be due for a new one in 2027 so by then the bug will be worked out? Well you can wish.
By then, the politicians will have eliminated fossil fuel engines and you will be driving a solar powered truck or maybe it's back to riding a horse? Oops, no, we are going to probably eliminate horses because they give off methane gas and destroy the environment.

Ah shucks, just plug an ear of corn into the fuel canister and drive on!
Vinolush, aver3, White016 and 3 others like this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Replaced OEM at 70k with Michelin LTX Defender

Please add a vehicle description to your Signature Line in your USER CP so we know what you are driving and can more appropriately insult you.
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:36 PM

The only thing that GM Authority got wrong is the IOU infotainment is lower than the IOT. This is a downgrade, but a very slight one, couldn't really find anything that makes the IOT more premium as they have the same features.

'19 ZR2 Bison EC Diesel
#IWorkForGM-IT Business Analyst
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:40 PM

So the only real change is the remote locking tailgate. This seems like the least change for a model year so far.

2019 Colorado ZR2 Black EC V6
Delivery: April 2019
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquist View Post
So the only real change is the remote locking tailgate. This seems like the least change for a model year so far.
They also figured out how to put the safety package on the Z71 and All Terrain. I am interested to see that, only because until now, the only reason I could see for it not being there was that the location of the lane departure button on the safety package is the same button they used for hill descent function on the Z71 and AT.

There is also some tire fill option, not sure what that is.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Replaced OEM at 70k with Michelin LTX Defender

Please add a vehicle description to your Signature Line in your USER CP so we know what you are driving and can more appropriately insult you.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:47 PM

Seems like the IOT has more memory. Otherwise it seems to be the same as the IOU. Could be wrong though.

Last edited by soliloquist; 05-23-2019 at 02:54 PM.
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
There is also some tire fill option, not sure what that is.
I think that is something like the horn chirps when you reach the correct pressure while filling the tires. So you don't need a pressure gauge.
JBT, hyperv6 and BizzyB like this.

post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
By then, the politicians will have eliminated fossil fuel engines and you will be driving a solar powered truck or maybe it's back to riding a horse? Oops, no, we are going to probably eliminate horses because they give off methane gas and destroy the environment.

Ah shucks, just plug an ear of corn into the fuel canister and drive on!
I should be ok I am not in California.

The fill is where the vehicle will sound the horn like Sololpqiost stated. It is for the Anal ODC people that have to keep the tire pressures all the same. Like me

Last edited by hyperv6; 05-23-2019 at 02:54 PM.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquist View Post
I think that is something like the horn chirps when you reach the correct pressure while filling the tires. So you don't need a pressure gauge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post
I should be ok I am not in California.

The fill is where the vehicle will sound the horn like Sololpqiost stated. It is for the Anal ODC people that have to keep the tire pressures all the same. Like me
OK, what would you rather trust? The TPMS system or your hand held gauge?

Me, I vote for my tire pressure gauge.

As far as not in California, the 2020 candidates seem to be embracing the Al Gore environmental policy initiative, I would not be surprised to see them try to eliminate all fossil fuel cars by 2030, definitely by 2050. Of course, I am not too worried about 2050 personally.
93Duc likes this.

post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:54 PM

Garage
My weed eater and blower are electric.
My next lawn mower will probably be electric.
My next truck will be electric too.

All gave some, some gave all, protesters gave nothing.
11/17 Colorado 12T43 4X4 Z71 3.6 LGZ CCLB Deepwood green Pedal Commander (City-2) AMP Power Boards Weather Tech mud flaps GM Elastomeric floor liners Hellwig 7745 Sway Bar Mobil1 LV ATF-HP Transmission Drain Plug Currie CE9027 Gorilla Wheel locks
Please don't use PhotoBucket, You're wasting your time
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamscotticus View Post
My weed eater is battery. (electric)

My blower is electric.

My last power mower was battery, current is full on manual, one of those rotary jobs.

I expect my next truck in 2022-2023 will still be a gasser. Maybe by 2030 when I replace that one, if they still let me have a license, it will be electric. Of course, if it is self-driving, what do I need a license for.
JBT and HotHead like this.

post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamscotticus View Post
It actually makes tons of sense for my next lawnmower to be electric, but my Briggs & Stratton engine doesn't seem to want to die anytime soon.

I would be OK with an electric truck once they get the range up and make easy, hot-swappable batteries a thing. Like imagine overlanding. That would suck right now in an electric truck, but...if you could just pack some spare batteries and swap in as needed, while constantly solar charging your spares in some kind of in-vehicle charging/storage station? That could be better than gas if done right. It's going to be awhile before we get there though, or where it's affordable enough for your average Joe.

The engines could be amazing too, instant max torque. Have you seen some of those Formula E vehicles or any of the electric super cars? They are INSANE.
dave66rivi, Iamscotticus and taze like this.
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:

I don't think it's about trust, or at least it shouldn't be, using either one is just a frame of reference in my opinion, if the DIC says you dropped 10 psi, then you dropped 10 psi, you are doing the same with your tire gauge (which depending on the gauge is more or less accurate than another gauge or the DIC). You learn what a 10 psi drop in tire pressure does for you off-road ability, you may decide you want more or less pressure. It doesn't matter if your frame of reference starts at 35psi or 40psi, when you air back up, you still are going to add 10 psi.

'19 ZR2 Bison EC Diesel
#IWorkForGM-IT Business Analyst
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulous74 View Post
I don't think it's about trust, or at least it shouldn't be, using either one is just a frame of reference in my opinion, if the DIC says you dropped 10 psi, then you dropped 10 psi, you are doing the same with your tire gauge (which depending on the gauge is more or less accurate than another gauge or the DIC). You learn what a 10 psi drop in tire pressure does for you off-road ability, you may decide you want more or less pressure. It doesn't matter if your frame of reference starts at 35psi or 40psi, when you air back up, you still are going to add 10 psi.
Very true, and if you have an on-board compressor because you air down for off-roading a lot, it's very helpful when airing back up and hitting the road.
JCon likes this.

2019 Colorado CCSB Z71 2wd
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
- Deletion of the Redline Luxury Special Edition Package
- Deletion of the RST Luxury Special Edition
- Redline Special Edition and Colorado RST Special Edition models can now be combined with the Luxury Package
Now isn't this a bit silly?

2019 Colorado CCSB Z71 2wd
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:48 PM

Garage
Quote:

Since the system gives a pressure reading you could test it against your gauge once, and then be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in