Stabilitrak and T/C Warning Light - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Stabilitrak and T/C Warning Light

I started to have these warning lights come on in my truck on a regular basis. For some background my truck has 6400k and is used for driver training so the park brake gets used 50 to 75 times a day. Although the warning lights could be cleared by cycling the ignition for a quick fix the problem remained. After 4 trips to the shop and the dealership replacing the Steering Control Module which requires the pulling of the steering column and a wheel alignment, part of a wiring harness along side of the park brake was found to be worn through. The wiring harness was re-routed and appears to have fixed the problem. I see there has been the occasional post in this regard. I have attached a copy of the work order relating the work done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4B4642EB-7E5D-48C1-877A-3AF7FAED11D6.jpg (314.7 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:41 PM
VAO

I have had that same message and the Service Towing (Trailering?) System at intermittent times as well. Always at startup where I crank her up and it stops cold. I then turn the key again and it starts normally and one of these 2 messages appear. Hasn't happened enough to force me in for warranty work. Thinking these codes don't stick around and if Chevy can't dupe them then why bother?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:11 PM

Garage
It's a general catch all message, and could be a myriad (word of the day) of things.
I've had the message for a corrupt TPS signal. Others, for a bad wheel speed sensor.

2017 Z71 CCSB, V6, Brownstone Metallic
2017 LT CCSB, V6, Cyber Grey Metallic *TRADED*
2015 Z71 Ext Cab, V6, Red Hot *TRADED*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode