Who builds a truck like this and then sells it? Bison content inside... - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 30Likes
  • 1 Post By josh_
  • 1 Post By emyslinski
  • 1 Post By F8LZ71
  • 3 Post By shawn672
  • 11 Post By Eric Smit
  • 1 Post By Eric Smit
  • 1 Post By Vinolush
  • 1 Post By greco2003
  • 1 Post By Tom S.
  • 2 Post By Colorado17#
  • 2 Post By Locked
  • 2 Post By Locked
  • 1 Post By 4x4fan
  • 2 Post By Twan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Who builds a truck like this and then sells it? Bison content inside...

Click me (a link to auto trader, not affiliated AT ALL)

I mean I get it. Life happens. But yikes. I wonder what the total costs was to build that thing....

josh
emyslinski likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_ View Post
Click me (a link to auto trader, not affiliated AT ALL)

I mean I get it. Life happens. But yikes. I wonder what the total costs was to build that thing....

josh

Looks sweet! Crazy thatís actually at my dealer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
josh_ likes this.

2018 Colorado Z71 4X4 Crew cab
Deepwood Green Metallic
Black Chevy Wheels/Stock Duratracs
Map, reverse, and cargo light LED's
LedGlow Toolbox light kit
RC curved black LED lightbar
Extang Tool box Tonneau
Eibach pro lift kit 2nd notch, 1" rear blocks
ZR2 Rock sliders
589 Full skids
Front marker lights
1.25" Body lift
SOON
Smittybilt Xo2 on 589 Winch Bumper

Old ride
2016 Graphite Metallic CCSB Z71
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:14 PM

Someone looking to turn a profit on a truck that cannot be purchased otherwise at this point in time?
greco2003 likes this.

2018 Canyon SLE CCSB 3.6L - Eibach 2.7" Front Lift | Icon 2.0 rear shocks | 1.5" AutoSprings add-a-leaf + 1" rear lift blocks | DV8 887 17◊9 wheels | Falken Wildpeak A/T3W LT285/70/17 | Custom bed rack |Tepui Baja Kukenam RTT | Morimoto HID | Tyger step bars | LED bed lighting | Midland MXT115 GMRS | Nilight 60w LED 4" pods | RotopaX, Maxsa traction mats and Recovery Gear | ZR2 skids |
Build Thread

Instagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:21 PM

The cheapest the Bison can be had is $43k with rebates and GMS (GM Employee pricing). If you factor in 7k in upgrades, you'd be at $50k. If the dealer is selling it for $55k, they likely bought it for 50k. So the owner would have walked away with no profit and barely put any miles on it. Very strange for sure. Wonder if they had buyers remorse or developed a problem with it and decided to dump it on the dealer for someone else to discover. Either way.. I wouldn't go anywhere near it.
greco2003, josh_ and Sledgehammer like this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:28 PM

Garage
Wife came home from vacation sounds like. hahahaha
Toughsox, wachuko, socalav and 8 others like this.

-Eric

I manage one of the largest Chevrolet dealerships in the country. If you're having problems with a dealer or have a question about something, I'd be happy to help.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn672 View Post
The cheapest the Bison can be had is $43k with rebates and GMS (GM Employee pricing). If you factor in 7k in upgrades, you'd be at $50k. If the dealer is selling it for $55k, they likely bought it for 50k. So the owner would have walked away with no profit and barely put any miles on it. Very strange for sure. Wonder if they had buyers remorse or developed a problem with it and decided to dump it on the dealer for someone else to discover. Either way.. I wouldn't go anywhere near it.
5k profit on a used vehicle isn't really all that common anymore unless you can get the trade for super cheap.

The cheapest diesel bison would be $45k and some change before tax if you had GMS and all applicable rebates. I wouldn't personally buy it, but if you didn't qualify for anything and you wanted exactly this truck, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal. A $55k truck with $7k in upgrades with under 1000 miles for $57k.
Toughsox likes this.

-Eric

I manage one of the largest Chevrolet dealerships in the country. If you're having problems with a dealer or have a question about something, I'd be happy to help.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:34 AM

Garage
My neighbor bought a kind of a Bison clone Canyon, fully decked out.....

Somebody built it for SEMA with the intent to sell afterwards

Based on the fact the builder they got most of the upgrades and accessories at no charge (due to the publicity in the show) he was able to sell it reasonably priced and came away with a profit
Toughsox likes this.

"Saint Michael Protect Us"
2016 Canyon SLT 2.8 Duramax 4x4 SBCC White
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
What concerns me is there are no pictures of it out on the lot there all in a service bay over a lift. Really makes you wonder if it had some kind of failure And the dealer worked some kind of deal with the customer to keep them happy. Dealers will do it for someone with deep pockets thet buys a lot from them.
Toughsox likes this.

2017 Chevy Colorado LT CCSB 2.5L 4cyl, Lazer blue with Bose, navigation, kicker vss, IBoard running boards, Z71 wheels, fog lamps, Drl relocation harness, led fog lights, high and low beam headlights, switchbacks.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Either way.. I wouldn't go anywhere near it.
I agree. Maybe he read the thread about diesel wrist pin failures.
Toughsox likes this.

2018 Zr2 V6 Crew Cab Delivered 1/10/18
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:45 PM

Someone who had (the operative word here) more money than sense.
Toughsox and MasiJC like this.

2017 laser blue WT extended cab 2WD

South central Indiana
Retired and love it!

V-6 with convenience and towing packages. Added Factory recovery loops (used), factory fog lights (used), tinted front windows, 5" stainless curved nerf bars, tri-fold tonneau cover, bed mat, mud flaps and gel seat cushions.

When posting, remember that it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post a stupid response and remove all doubt
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:09 PM

Hate the rims.
Toughsox and Sledgehammer like this.

2019 white Bison.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco2003 View Post
What concerns me is there are no pictures of it out on the lot there all in a service bay over a lift. Really makes you wonder if it had some kind of failure And the dealer worked some kind of deal with the customer to keep them happy. Dealers will do it for someone with deep pockets thet buys a lot from them.
The ad States vehicle comes with two sets of tires. And there are pictures of both Wheels on the vehicle. Probably why the vehicle was in the service Bay.
Toughsox and greco2003 like this.

2019 white Bison.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:54 AM

I am not surprised, i see alot of this on this forum: "I currently have a 2018 ZR2, looking to get a new 2019 ZR2 or Bison. Net net people getting new vehicle after a year. Sorry but do not believe the B.S., unless you know the owner of a dealership or you are the owner, you are taking a loss...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Toughsox likes this.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Today, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked View Post
Hate the rims.
Agreed. I definitely don't like the stock Bison wheels, but those are way worse. And is a new set of wheels and a cap really considered a build?
Toughsox and Sledgehammer like this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Today, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked View Post
The ad States vehicle comes with two sets of tires. And there are pictures of both Wheels on the vehicle. Probably why the vehicle was in the service Bay.
Quote:
THE LISTED PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BED CAP AND SECOND SET OF WHEELS/TIRES, ADD $ 2,900.OO FOR THESE OPTIONS. THE TRUCK WILL BE SUPPLIED WITH (AEV) OEM WHEELS/TIRES

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 ZR-71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old Today, 07:44 PM

I had a local dealer here that was ordering some Coloradoís so loaded up with every dealer installed option.

One ZR2 was stickered over $50k and they even had a Z71 that topped $48k with a gas engine. It went so far they put the bug shield on stripe package and everything else that could be ordered

Needless to say they sat there for a good while.

The funny thing was the ZR2 was there on a Saturday night with no one around unlocked with keys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in