Gm buyback ? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Gm buyback ?

Question for those that have done the GM buyback via lemon law/manufacturing defect.

Got my truck (z71 black with black leather with all the options other than Bose with a 3.6L) in last August, On taking delivery we noticed spots in the paint - the dealer attempted to buff out - it didnt buff. They repainted the hood and were successful in buffing the spots out of the doors/quarters. A few months later I noticed the spots had returned, they buffed it and cleaned them up - it repeated 4 times. (Iowa lemon law is 3 times and the manufacturer is on the hook). literally paid for the truck and waited 4 days to take delivery which didnt really sit well with me but it happens , then had 8 days without it while the hood was re-painted, and then its been a day here/there while they work on it - every time the dealer gave me a loaner and always took care of me.

I called GM at my dealers advice , talked with a level two customer car rep, now waiting for the dealer rep to advise on whats next, the dealer has gone through the things on their end and explained how its been fixed etc. I am supposed to be getting a call friday but not sure what to expect. Dealer has been awesome and I have zero complaints about they way they treated me , Its just a weird situation to be in.

Did you all have options presented to you ? I really do not want a 2019 due to the change in the infotainment center, and the gauge changes, I would take a certified pre owned if the option was presented to me , however I am wondering due to the time my brand new truck has been in the shop will they offer me some type of upgrade? There's a dealer south of me where my family lives that has a zr2 duramax certified pre owned with everything I want - Do you think that would be an option ? I'm lenient due to my own nitpicking over something as simple as the gauge/infotainment center.

My second question is - what do they do about any accessories you have gotten - I have the baja designs fog lights, black badges, floor mats, tonneu cover., along with me color changing the z71 (I'm sure ill eat that cost) and then I'll have to swap back to my stock wheels.

Any info you can pass on my way would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:37 AM

Hi, from what i have read on this forum it takes a long time, months, so just try to remember that and maybe not plan as much as you are doing now. Also, when it finally come times to return the truck try to put back as much to stock that you can and sale or re-use your after market mods. The best advice I have seen with these issues is to call the BBB immediately and for some reason the processes is faster..
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:10 PM

do a search on Lemon Law, some good info on here

search= right above Hot Deals on right side of screen, type in what ever you are looking for

If you like the truck, just have them re-paint the whole truck, I would not think a minor paint issue would be included in a lemon law...remember it is a truck

I could pick apart numerous cars on most any new car lot and find defects in fit and finish...

2017 Deep Woods Green ZR2 CC
Truxedo Titanium cover
Go Rhino RB20 running boards
RC level

Last edited by Hunter62; 05-16-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in