Preliminary ZR2 Bison Part Numbers - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:07 PM

I'm curious to see the price point on a few of these and definitely see the value in some of them (diff and fuel tank skids). The rear bumper has my attention as well but maybe not if the cost speculation is accurate. Here's a video that shows some decent footage of some of them.

2018 ZR2 CC V6 in Red Hot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Added the Snorkel part #, it's showing 6 hours labor to install and there is a Canada reference in the use description, so it's possible it's only available through Canadian dealers and exclusively through AEV in the USA.
wachuko likes this.

'19 ZR2 Bison EC Diesel
#IWorkForGM-IT Business Analyst
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:20 PM

Garage
Anyone know if these aev skids can work with stock zr2 skids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcbus76 View Post
Anyone know if these aev skids can work with stock zr2 skids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the exact answer, but AEV has talked about making these parts available for all Colorado's, since they were designed with GM, my best guess is they attach to existing places, as they didn't change the frame, etc. You might need to drill a hole. If the skids in question use the same hole, you might need to get a longer bolt. The Bison should be arriving at dealerships in the next two weeks, mine is supposed to be delivered to the dealership on the 15th of this month and I can snap pictures which will give you some more information.
L3TLZR2, jjjutk and Zcbus76 like this.

'19 ZR2 Bison EC Diesel
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 02:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulous74 View Post
I don't know the exact answer, but AEV has talked about making these parts available for all Colorado's, since they were designed with GM, my best guess is they attach to existing places, as they didn't change the frame, etc. You might need to drill a hole. If the skids in question use the same hole, you might need to get a longer bolt. The Bison should be arriving at dealerships in the next two weeks, mine is supposed to be delivered to the dealership on the 15th of this month and I can snap pictures which will give you some more information.
That would be awesome! Being able to bolt the Boron steel skids from the Bison up to my ZR2 would be ideal. Great strength with lighter than regular steel plates is an ideal combination.
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:22 PM

any update on part #'s or prices & availability?
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:33 PM

The wheels that come on the Bison does anyone know if they have a different offset and backspacing compared to the regular ZR2 Wheels?

2019 white Bison.
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked View Post
The wheels that come on the Bison does anyone know if they have a different offset and backspacing compared to the regular ZR2 Wheels?
If anyone was curious what the answer was I found the information.

The AEV wheels that come stock on the Bison are (17x8J) (ALUM) (33mm O/S) (120X6XM14 B/C)

The AEV Creston wheels +25mm O/S, 5.5 backspacing.

2019 white Bison.
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 4 GM View Post
any update on part #'s or prices & availability?
I second this inquiry

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 CCSB| Graphite Metallic | 2.8L Duramax Diesel | Bose | Nav
  • Mods: 589Fab HD Shock Skids, Front Receiver Mount, Skid Plate Support Bracket, Rough Country Winch Cradle
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Check the original post, updated pricing if it was available.

The one that folks have been waiting for Complete Front Bumper: $2499.97

Front Bumper: 84579474 FASCIA, FRT BPR (INCLS 18,20,23-25,27-29) (W/LAMP, BULB, COVER, EXTENSION, AND FASTENERS):4/2/19: $2499.97

'19 ZR2 Bison EC Diesel
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:19 PM

Thank You for the update. Original hadít been edited since January maybe...? Glad to see you are still haunting the thread. I also found a status update on the aev facebook page from March 25 for those that are interested. I was going to post a link but FB is being a pos.

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 CCSB| Graphite Metallic | 2.8L Duramax Diesel | Bose | Nav
  • Mods: 589Fab HD Shock Skids, Front Receiver Mount, Skid Plate Support Bracket, Rough Country Winch Cradle
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedArgh2 View Post
Thank You for the update. Original had’t been edited since January maybe...? Glad to see you are still haunting the thread. I also found a status update on the aev facebook page from March 25 for those that are interested. I was going to post a link but FB is being a pos.

Right, on March 25th they said they would have two parts released that week, there is nothing new on their website since that time, except wheels for Tacoma's. Hopefully they will be able to release the parts soon. I've been waiting for the transmission skid and the bull bar since I got my Bison in Mid Jan.

'19 ZR2 Bison EC Diesel
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Right, on March 25th they said they would have two parts released that week, there is nothing new on their website since that time, except wheels for Tacoma's. Hopefully they will be able to release the parts soon. I've been waiting for the transmission skid and the bull bar since I got my Bison in Mid Jan.
Iím curious about the trans skid as well. Design is interesting with AEV using a series of bars instead of a plate style skid to improve trans cooling per GM request, according to their youtube video anyways. Wonder what the price point will be...?
SiteCR2 likes this.

post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Iím curious about the trans skid as well. Design is interesting with AEV using a series of bars instead of a plate style skid to improve trans cooling per GM request, according to their youtube video anyways. Wonder what the price point will be...?

According to this post: https://www.coloradofans.com/forums/...ml#post5128457

$249.00 for the transmission skid.
wachuko and 93Duc like this.

'19 ZR2 Bison EC Diesel
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
According to this post: https://www.coloradofans.com/forums/...ml#post5128457

$249.00 for the transmission skid.
Thank you!!

93Duc and Locked like this.

Drive safe!
Wachuko

2019 Colorado ZR2 CC-SB Bison Diesel - Build Thread
2018 Subaru Crosstek Limited - Wife
2019 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD Premium - Daughter
2012 BMW X5 Diesel - Son
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:37 PM

Nice!

post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Thank you!!

looks like I saved a lot of money by buying a bison with the parts already on there.

2019 white Bison.
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
looks like I saved a lot of money by buying a bison with the parts already on there.
Agreed, but at least folks that already had a truck before the Bison came out have options for parts.
wachuko and Locked like this.

post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Agreed, but at least folks that already had a truck before the Bison came out have options for parts.
I also agree with that. I would also say the prices are lower then I thought they were going to be. Plus there are people out there that are going to want the front bumper but don't want the rear bumper or vice versa.

I wonder why the front bumper is listed twice?

2019 white Bison.
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I also agree with that. I would also say the prices are lower then I thought they were going to be. Plus there are people out there that are going to want the front bumper but don't want the rear bumper or vice versa.

I wonder why the front bumper is listed twice?

One is with the bull bar, like the AEV SEMA concept had, and one is without. My guess it replaces the whole silver plate on the front, which is why it's only $100.00 more when you buy the complete bumper and $399 if you buy it for an existing bumper. But man it sure looked good on the concept vehicle.
wachuko and Locked like this.

'19 ZR2 Bison EC Diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode