2nd Gen Owners Sightings Thread - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2nd Gen Owners Sightings Thread

I was running errands yesterday, and caught sight of a white Z71 with the Trail Boss kit and black striping, including the hood decal getting off of I-76 in Akron. Is that someone who is a member here?
Toughsox and Duken4evr like this.

2015 Rally Yellow Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab (31k) "Colly"

MODS: 2016 Trail Boss sport bar and lights, Backing plates on sport bar for "Colorado" badge painted Rally Yellow, Westin brush guard with winch tray, Trailmaster 6000 lb winch, Rough Country light bar, Window tint, soft tonneau cover, LED fog lights, high, and low beam headlights

Last edited by lqdchkn; 05-19-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 10:25 AM

Updated the title and stickied as I like this idea, it's a fun topic on other boards and I dont think we have a "sighting" topic yet.

Saw another 2nd gen? Think it may have been or wonder if they are a member?

Post it here.
Toughsox and Wolfman01 like this.

2016 Brownstone Duramax Z71 View My Build

N00bs click here for free help

PS: All my posted photos are dead because PhotoBucket sucks. If you need a pic restored PM me a link to the post and Ill fix it.

Last edited by lqdchkn; 05-20-2018 at 01:43 AM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 11:33 AM

When I had just gotten my Canyon and it was still wearing a Laura Buick GMC plate, I saw a Canyon All Terrain with a Laura plate turning left off of Parker Road, right here where I live. We had both done fly and buys to get our trucks, and gave each other an enthusiastic wave!

If you are in Colorado and ever see a Bronze Canyon SLT diesel with Green Diesel Engineering and "GOATS" (Gunnison off road riding club) stickers on the back window, that is me

'17 Canyon SLT CCLB 4X4 Diesel, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa/Dune interior, Bose/Nav, GDE Engine & Trans Tunes, Provent 200, Line-x.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
When I had just gotten my Canyon and it was still wearing a Laura Buick GMC plate, I saw a Canyon All Terrain with a Laura plate turning left off of Parker Road, right here where I live. We had both done fly and buys to get our trucks, and gave each other an enthusiastic wave!

If you are in Colorado and ever see a Bronze Canyon SLT diesel with Green Diesel Engineering and "GOATS" (Gunnison off road riding club) stickers on the back window, that is me

That may have been me. I live in Parker and did the Laura GMC fly and buy for my All Terrain in August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Duken4evr likes this.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plf75068 View Post
That may have been me. I live in Parker and did the Laura GMC fly and buy for my All Terrain in August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This was in March, maybe early April of '17. It would seem there are 3 of us in the area.

'17 Canyon SLT CCLB 4X4 Diesel, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa/Dune interior, Bose/Nav, GDE Engine & Trans Tunes, Provent 200, Line-x.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdchkn View Post
Updated the title ans stickied as I like this idea, it's a fun topic on other boards and I dont hink we have a "sighting" topic yet.

Saw another 2nd gen? Think it may have been or wonder if they are a member?

Post it here.

COOL!! Last thing I expected was to get one of my posts stickied to the top.

2015 Rally Yellow Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab (31k) "Colly"

MODS: 2016 Trail Boss sport bar and lights, Backing plates on sport bar for "Colorado" badge painted Rally Yellow, Westin brush guard with winch tray, Trailmaster 6000 lb winch, Rough Country light bar, Window tint, soft tonneau cover, LED fog lights, high, and low beam headlights
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 10:30 AM

Garage
I am based out of Deptford NJ. I pass a lowered, black canyon, windows very dark tinted. I wave, canít see if they do. I often see a Colorado at the Runnemede Police station. I see my twin truck at the local Heritages, only he doesnít have havoc h2s on his LT. Yesterday on the way home, I had an awesome ZR2 behind me for quite some ways. Thumbs up as he passes by.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 10:45 AM

Garage
I see 3 Coloradoís pass by my work every day 2 lazer blue ones like mine ones a work truck and ones a Z71 and a orange Colorado that I think is an LT. I also pass by a red Colorado LT everyday on my way home.

2017 Chevy Colorado LT CCSB 2.5L 4cyl, Lazer blue with Bose, navigation, kicker vss, IBoard running boards, Z71 wheels, fog lamps, Drl relocation harness, led fog lights, high and low beam headlights, switchbacks.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Garage
Finally seeing more in So Ca Ventura area! and some Duramax!

Very rare sightings when I took delivery in Feb 2016, seemed like Tacos were everywhere. Still a lot of Tacos but seeing more and more twins

Very nice white Collie in Moorpark area, lifted, wheels, a gray stock Canyon Duramax in the same area.....

and.... On my street (a short 12 house cul de sac) in addition to my Canyon, we have another red Canyon and a white Collie....

We have 3 twins on our 12 house block.... Hey! more twins than Tacos!

Always get excited to see another twin!

"Saint Michael Protect Us"
2016 Canyon SLT 2.8 Duramax 4x4 SBCC White

Last edited by Vinolush; 06-02-2018 at 11:33 AM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 12:07 PM

Twins are a dime a dozen around here.

Spotted a Union Pacific Rail Colorado with the bed delete and a specialty bed installed Thursday over in Arlington.

See mostly Colorados, variety of drivers. Most of the extended cabs I see are in Fleet usage. ZR2 models are still fairly rare, as are diesels.

I am surprised the number of Colorados I see with some level of customization, larger tires, lifts, etc.

Still probably see more Tacos, but then, they have made the same exact truck for what, 15 years almost. I can't tell the difference between the different model years.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Replaced OEM at 70k with Michelin LTX Defender

Please add a vehicle description to your Signature Line in your USER CP so we know what you are driving and can more appropriately insult you.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 12:41 PM

TRAIL SIGHTING! I see a lot on the road here in Phoenix but was happily surprised to spot one on the trail. ZR1, the guy had owned it for just a month. I was sporting my Cherokee SJ, so no twin pics..

He said it was doing really well off road. It was a pretty easy trail but certainly not a graded dirt road.

2016 LT V6 4wd crew cab
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 07:33 PM

I see tons of twins everywhere I go, but I see a white ZR2 between Truckee and Tahoe City California when I'm in that neighborhood, and I think it's a guy on this forum. He posted pics of testing it in the snow.

2018 ZR2 V6 Extended Cab
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 10:14 PM

Garage
There's one in my garage right now! I saw it!

But seriously, heard a diesel ZR2 rattle by Best Buy yesterday. Kind of startled me hearing that thing.
Toughsox likes this.

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6 LT
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 11:29 AM

See a ton of Collie/Canyons, when ya live a few miles from the plant.
See several ZR2's, quite often, dark red with wheel spacers, Charcoal gray and a black one. Did see a light red one last week on Jungerman, I was drivng the wifes new dark red Jeep Overland High Altitude..

2017 Deep Woods Green ZR2 CC
Truxedo Titanium cover
Go Rhino RB20 running boards
RC level
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 12:24 PM

Fairfield, NJ

I was actually cut-off by a new 2nd gen, light-colored CO at the intersection of Passaic Ave and W. Greebrook Rd.

The truck was coming out of the office complex that is alongside Caldwell (Essex Co.) Airport, that houses Fischer Aviation, Science Applications Int. among others. It continued north/east on Passaic, over the Rt. 46 overpass, at which point I had to make a turn.

BUT, they reason I'm posting here is because the truck had the rally stripes that I want and cannot find! The were black but had some red incorporated.

Dude, if you're a member here, please PM with the source for those stripes, they're awesome!

Toughsox likes this.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 01:28 PM

Two in our neighborhood (he's not on here). One on the main road outside the neighborhood. Dozens of fleet vehicles and private vehicles, several ZR2's in the general area but the only diesel I've seen is mine. Only dealer who had diesels (4) in stock was the one I bought from. All the others said I could order one.

2018 Z71 Colorado Graphite Metallic
Duramax Diesel
Crew Cab, Long bed
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 01:58 PM

Saw a black long box diesel Canyon in Denver recently. 1st one that is just like my truck I have seen. Seeing tons of Colorado WTs with business graphics on them, seems the WT is selling well to business.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 03:39 PM

Spotted z71 here in sa off Talley and potranco..beautiful color orange ish red maybe. Looking goood
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 09:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post

I'll be traveling around CO (from Jersey) in two weeks. Won't have my Colorado with me, but I'll sure keep an eye out!
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 03:03 PM

Garage
spotted a black ZR2 with the plate "DSS BOSS" on the 20 heading into Dallas last week

2018 GMC Canyon All Terrain CCSB Diesel
2011 Subaru Outback Wagon
1988 Ford Mustang LX Hatchback
Writing about what I know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode