Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What did you do to your Colorado/Canyon today?

5M views 28K replies 2K participants last post by  Raptor22 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but it's usually a pretty interesting thread on the other forums that I frequent. What did you do to your Colorado or Canyon today?

#13,061 ·
When mine arrived, the box was in good shape, but there was a scuff on the drivers side door bar. In the event you need to do any touching up in the future, this is the paint Rough Country said to use: Rust-Oleum 7220830 Textured spray.

I was a little surprised that the ends were not capped. Once it warms up a bit, I'm planning on rinsing the insides thoroughly, letting them dry and then spraying some great stuff into the ends. I'll shave off the extra and spray the above mentioned paint on it.
Expanding foam in the open ends is a great idea!

Reactions: exbex
#13,062 ·
Hauled my zero turn through the Blue Ridge Mountains. It did great and still averaged 16 mpg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13,064 ·
Good point.

Keeley is also a border collie mix mutt rescue. Mother is still around (fostered rescue) and is nearly full border collie, but dad is a mystery. Anyway, cool dogs :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sup, border collie mix bros

Ripley is a 3 year old border collie / australian cattle dog.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#13,065 ·

Your pup is a cutie! Ellie is a 46lb mutt. The shelter said she was border collie / lab but that was just a guess. Her and her 2 sisters (1 short hair and 1 long hair) were found on the street with no mother at around 4 weeks or so. Her ears don't fit either breed so there's at least a 3rd breed mixed in there. She's a good girl, most of the time. lol

Ok sorry, back on topic. :grin2:

Your Ellie is almost identical to my Ellie. 48lb mut with a sad back story before I got her.

#13,067 · (Edited)
Your Ellie is almost identical to my Ellie. 48lb mut with a sad back story before I got her.
She's cute! They really do look alike. :)

Sup, border collie mix bros

Ripley is a 3 year old border collie / australian cattle dog.
What up Ripley! They make pretty good adventure buddies and being rescues makes them ever more special. :)

#13,068 ·
Installed a POP-N-LOCK power tailgate lock
Congrats! It's seriously one of my favorite mods I've done. Amazing how often I use this now.

#13,069 ·
Congrats! It's seriously one of my favorite mods I've done. Amazing how often I use this now.

well I don't have a cover on my bed....HOWEVER, its still a "thing" to have tailgates stolen, as its so easy to remove them....but having it locked at the push of a button every time I lock my doors. it seemed like a no brainer mod.

#13,074 ·
I took my truck on a 1,400 miles archery turkey hunting and fishing trip. It enjoyed every minute of it and the wife is happy cause she likes wild turkey

#13,077 ·
Installed GM skid plates.

Redid my strut rails with stainless hardware. Added tie down rings to the rails with not stainless hardware. And painted over all the bolts.

Also my XBull traction boards arrived, but I'll have to get hardware to mount them to the rails.

#13,078 ·
Installed GM skid plates.

Redid my strut rails with stainless hardware. Added tie down rings to the rails with not stainless hardware. And painted over all the bolts.

Also my XBull traction boards arrived, but I'll have to get hardware to mount them to the rails.
The rails look great! I was trying to decide if I wanted to paint the bolts or not. After seeing yours I'm going to paint them. :grin2:

#13,080 ·
The rails look great! I was trying to decide if I wanted to paint the bolts or not. After seeing yours I'm going to paint them. :grin2:
I had originally painted everything before installing it before I switched to stainless bolts, but Rust-Oleum doesn't hold up I guess. The original bolts and washers were all torn up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk