Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What did you do to your Colorado/Canyon today?

5M views 28K replies 2K participants last post by  Raptor22 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but it's usually a pretty interesting thread on the other forums that I frequent. What did you do to your Colorado or Canyon today?

#12,782 ·
Mother's just came out with an inexpensive, easy-to-apply ceramic coating, which I applied to my truck this morning. This stuff is no joke...

The paint was in great shape so I didn't need to do any polishing; only these steps to remove all wax:

1) Wash
2) Clayed entire truck using soapy water for lube, so as not to add any wax
3) Second wash
4) Wipe down with 50/50 solution of IPA and water
5) Applied the Mothers CMX ceramic coat to one panel at a time-- wiped on, let it haze over and wiped off (easier than waxing)

#12,783 ·
Mother's just came out with an inexpensive, easy-to-apply ceramic coating, which I applied to my truck this morning. This stuff is no joke...

The paint was in great shape so I didn't need to do any polishing; only these steps to remove all wax:

1) Wash

3) Second wash

5) Applied the Mothers CMX ceramic coat to one panel at a time-- wiped on, let it haze over and wiped off (easier than waxing)

Looks great! You have a link to the Mother's product?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#12,784 ·

1) Wash
3) Second wash

what IPA did you use or does it matter?

when I googled IPA it came up as a bitter beer with lots of alcohol

Reactions: F8LZ71
#12,786 ·

1) Wash
3) Second wash

I just used rubbing alcohol from Walmart

#12,787 ·

1) Wash
3) Second wash

IPA is code for iso-propyl alcohol. Just rubbing alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12,788 ·
Got to give 4low a really good workout. Received 10.5" of snow last night. Use the truck to re-pack the driveway so that I could snow blow without tearing up my driveway. Tonneau cover survived the snow load!

Reactions: Hunter62
#12,793 ·

1) Wash
3) Second wash

Nice. Wax is becoming a think of the past. I looked at the CMX product. It does have a following. How was it to work with? I am getting ready to do my spring detail. Also looking at IGL PREMIER spray coating. Here is some info and reviews on the CMX. And I have included a link to the IGL PREMIER.
https://www.autogeek.net/mothers-cmx-ceramic-spray.html

https://www.autogeek.net/igl-ecocoat-premier.html

#12,794 ·
The Mother's CMX applies as easy as any liquid wax. You just basically wipe it on (sparingly), allow a just couple of minutes for it to flash off (can't let it sit too long), and then wipe it off. It hand-buffs up to a hard shine easier than any wax I've ever used.

The extra work is in the surface prep to remove the all wax first. The directions say you don't have to remove pre-existing topcoats but that it works best when applied to a completely clean, wax-free surface.

#12,796 ·
I got the call this morning and I picked up my wheels in the afternoon.

Installed the fronts to check clearance. Going to do some cutting tomorrow afternoon.

My favorite Method wheel, I just wish they offered fitment that wasn't quite so aggressive. Something between the stock fit and what they offer would be perfect for me. I want a little more muscular stance without clearance issues, and I'm planning on staying stock in terms of ride height.

Did you stick with stock size tires? Those look beefy so I'm assuming they're wider and/or taller. Trying to get a feel for how the wheels fit vs how the tires fit in terms of clearance issues.

#12,800 ·