Chevy Colorado vs GMC Canyon: What Makes the 2 Trucks Different? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By AutoGuide.com
  • 3 Post By White016

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Chevy Colorado vs GMC Canyon: What Makes the 2 Trucks Different?

If you're shopping between the Chevy Colorado and the GMC Canyon, this is a helpful article for those who don't know too much about the trucks and what makes them the same/different.

Quote:
As anyone with a twin – especially a fraternal twin – will tell you, similar genetic material does not always create the same personality. That is true of these two trucks as well. Where the Chevy likes to shout, the GMC is a bit more quiet. When the bowtie likes to go bash rocks off-road, its brother might prefer to wheel down to the lake’s edge for an evening’s fishing. Both are capable in all the ways that matter to truck buyers but choose to express that capability in vastly different ways.
Check out the article here.
JBT and BTombaugh like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Garage
Both a good choices . . . .

2017 Cyber Gray 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB- (Z71 Tires & Wheels), Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap. Build date: 2-14-2017
14,600 Miles 5-28-2019 382 Engine Hrs.
https://www.coloradofans.com/forums/attachments/2nd-gen-appearance-body/328415d1540903157-caps-park-pic-1a-sm-edit-50-.jpg
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:44 AM

Biggest difference for us i

Our 2016 Z71 Colorado had a harsh and bouncy ride. When the lease was about up I researched both the 2019 Colorados and GMC Canyons suspension specs. Almost all of the Colorados and Canyons come standard with the Z71 suspension package. The Canyon SLT does not and so we leased that. It rides considerably smoother, deals with potholes with out jarring your teeth, and is a lot less bouncy over rutted country back roads.

Other upticks include leather dash, leather seats, definitely quieter ride and the inclusion of an AWD (All Wheel Drive) selection for the transfer case. But either way, both are great vehicles.

Old Retired Guy. 2019 GMC Canyon SLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:54 PM

Garage
Apairently the Colorado comes with a red C7 on a trailer, the Canyon does not....
JBT, taze and JDMRoma like this.

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6 LT
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Garage
front facia, head & tail lamps, fender lines. Canyon is trucky, like a mini Silverado with square headlights and the Colorado us somewhat sportier with sweeping front lines and pointy headlamps. Canyon has higher spec trims, for mo money. You probably get more features for the $$ in the end on a Canyon, but mechanically, they're the same. The similarities end with the ZR2's suspension package.
I think a WT Canyon ECLB with ZR2 suspension would sell well.

All gave some, some gave all, protesters gave nothing.
11/17 Colorado 12T43 4X4 Z71 3.6 LGZ CCLB Deepwood green Pedal Commander (City-2) AMP Power Boards Weather Tech mud flaps GM Elastomeric floor liners Hellwig 7745 Sway Bar Mobil1 LV ATF-HP Transmission Drain Plug Currie CE9027 Gorilla Wheel locks
Please don't use PhotoBucket, You're wasting your time
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 11:46 AM

I have a base Canyon v6 4x4. I have the spray-in bed liner, tow package, and convenience packages. I get an Auto-4WD mode, which the Colorado WT does not, but I do not get spotter mirrors and the mirrors on the Canyon base are basic non-electronic manual mirrors (you needs to reach out and adjust mirror by hand). Not sure what else is different beyond cosmetic. I got the Canyon base for the 16" wheels with the larger sidewall tires, the auto-4WD mode (I've used this a few times in the mountains during some very heavy rains). The manual mirrors are the only thing I dislike. I love the large sidewall tires, they served fine on some very rutted pothole mess of a fire trail dirt road.

The audio is a like/hate affair on my base truck. It sounds better than most stock systems, fairly decent, but I am coming from a car that was set up where it sounded like you were sitting on stage while the band was playing live. So, I am likely going to be doing something to increase the clarity/audio without going too invasive so I can return it back to stock in late spring 2022.

Last edited by MikeNEPA; Today at 11:57 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 12:22 PM

everyone responded to a thread by:

AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Editorial Content

a commercial?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode